Crazy to believe that just 10 years ago I was only 14 years old. I am never really big on resolutions or making a fresh start. Every day is basically a fresh start on personal levels, but I see the point of a universal “fresh start” and point where we can all look back together.
I just read a caption from someone I follow on Instagram and seeing all that she has accomplished and been only a year or two older than I am, it can be daunting! But what I have to realize is everyone goes at their own pace and I am figuring out every day what I want.
So, here is another basic blog post for your New Year!
Obviously, I wasn’t keeping track of the things (big or small) that I learned, but here are a few off the top of my head…
1. Sometimes I talk too much, especially when I am trying to explain my own thoughts, I need to learn how to be a better communicator
2. Take a chance, because not everyone does and you never know what might come out of it
3. It’s better to be safe than sorry
4. Sucky times are going to happen regardless, keep it all in perspective
5. You need a tribe of people, find the good ones
6. Write it all down, you’ll forget. From what you want from the store to the best thing you learned, write it down
7. YOU are your own competition!
8. Set goals, even if your only goal is trying to set a goal.
9. Heartbreak sucks. (Re-review #4)
10. Say your prayers, it makes a difference
What did you learn this year/decade?