Can I just start off this post by saying I am not the best at makeup! I definitely have more learning to do and I have two go-to looks: day and night. So because of that, I thought I would share a few things I’ve learned, heard of, and what I have read from YOU through Instagram questions.
Also, just another reminder of how amazing and talented my childhood friends are! My friend Raeann brought in her whole set up to shoot these amazing pictures for me and my best friend Sara did my makeup! It’s a yellow glossy lid that I still cannot get over! If you are in need of a photographer or makeup artist in the SA area, I’ll give you their info!
Makeup Tips :
- Match your foundation to your overall body tone! Not the color of your face
- Don’t use foundation powder to set makeup, that’s what setting powder is for and yes there is a difference
- Contour based on your face shape, not just where most people like to contour
- Use a green color corrector to cancel out breakouts
- Lip gloss only lasts about a year before expiring!
- Use a wet brow brush to clean up lip liner
(These are things I have heard from you all through Instagram stories so I may not try them all… okay for sure one of them and you’ll know which one!)
- Shave with Olive Oil : it apparently leaves your skin silky smooth when the oil dries
- Rub a lemon on your underarms, knees, and elbows to reduce darkness
- If you do not have makeup remover, use cream (unscented is better for no irritation)
- Wrapping plastic wrap around your waist at night will help you lose water weight in your tummy
- Use a dry toothbrush to exfoliate your lips
- Rubbing baby pee on your face reduces pimples.. this is the one to not try