Everyone knows the basics, cut an inch or two off the tips of your hair every few months, reduce heat on your hair and sleep on silk pillowcases. Well if you didn’t know those, there are a few more tips! Here are a few of the tips I found out work well for me and my hair type! I have a straight/wavy type of hair and it’s very thin. So what works for me may not always work for you but I tried to keep the tips as general as possible!
- Weekly Hair Mask : I usually do a quick hair mask when I shave so I can be doing something while I’m waiting for the mask to set in. That or for some serious repair an overnight hydrating hair mask will do the trick, just sleep with a shower cap on!
- Don’t wash everyday : Okay this one may be basic but I cannot stress the importance and the difference I have seen in my hair! I for sure go AT LEAST two days without washing it and now I am shooting for three. It takes training, patience and lots of dry shampoo, but it really does make a difference!
- Hold off on the Product : I try not to use product the day I wash my hair to let the natural oils set in. I also try super hard to not straighten, curl or blow dry it after a wash just for a “reset” for my hair and give it some rest.
- Use Product : On the second day I always use a product that my specific hair needs. I usually use a hydrating product for the ends like a leave in conditioner and maybe a repair serum on the ends. If your hair is curly use something specific to your hair type and what you need.
- Use Protection : I never blow dry my hair without blow dry serum. It makes my hair silky smooth and I use it on “cool”. Also you should ALWAYS use heat protectant, I sometimes even do it when I know I’ll be out in the sun for a long time but that’s me being over protective now.
- Cut between cuts : My aunt recently taught me this but if your section off your hair and twist it then cut the ends that stick out because those tend to be the split ends.
I found a really great Keratin hair treatment by a hair care company called Finesse. I’ve been trying the MAX deep conditioning treatment and it has really changed the softness of my locks. Not only is it easy to use and came with this perfect comb, it’s easy to purchase as well. Check out Target.com , HEB, Meijer, Winn Dixie and Woodsman Market (depending on where you live) to try some for yourself!
I like to tease my hair a lot so this treatment makes my hair silky and easy to undo the knots I create.
More products on my Beauty Wish list!