The beauty about being a girl is getting to get dolled up with all your hair done, nails done, errrthang did! Haha but seriously the great thing about being a girl is beauty! One of my favorite beauty topics has always been lashes. Honestly I never like to leave the house without two products : concealer and mascara. When I first started using mascara I loved watching my lashes transform from regular length to touching my eyebrows. It really makes me look more girly and feel more presentable. I wanted to give a few details on my favorite lash products and what I use the most!
One lash product I have not used are lash extensions. The only reason I have not tried them is because I have asked multiple friends if they make your natural lashes less thick and fall out easier and have not gotten a straight ‘no’ answer. I do not want to have to keep up with them monthly. I do absolutely LOVE the way they look! So natural and easy to keep up with so if you have the money to keep getting them filled I would so do it! Maybe a lash serum and breaks between the extensions will make sure your natural lashes stay flawless as well!
My favorite mascara hands down is Two Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I love the volume and length in one and I so recommend it! The waterproof version tends to clump on me but if you thin it out with eye drops it works well! I also recommend a lash primer if you really want a long lasting look! I use MAC lash primer and it works so well, a great base coat is always a must.
Okay. Lets talk FALSIES! First off I have grown to love the lashes where you apply the glue instead of self adhesive versions and let me tell you why… 1. you can get multiple uses out of your lashes if you keep applying glue and it actually gets easier to apply them after a few uses because they are now fit to your eye and the glue build up helps gives a bigger surface to stick near your lash line but I do not recommend too many uses because that just does not seem cleanly for your eye 2. self adhesive lashes tend to come up easier on the tail ends than glued lashes for me. Also multiple uses are not as easy to do with self adhesive versions but for a one night use go for it!
Velour Lashes // Ardell Demi Wispies // Lilly Lashes
How to apply : My momma told me she used to watch her mom put on lashes and that is how I learned.
1. Apply a coat of mascara so you have a base and so the falsies will look more natural.
2. Always fit them to your eye before applying, I usually have to cut the ends a small bit so they can properly fit my eye.
3. Stretch them out so they do not go flat against your eye or not stick correctly by curving them and making a ‘U’ shape with them and playing with them. The more you crease them and play with them the more worn in they get. They are like jeans, you need the perfect wear!
4. Apply the glue and let dry a bit so the consistency is sticky and not fluid like! I usually blow on them a bit for a faster drive. If you do not wait for the glue to get sticky you will get glue everywhere and they will not stick. (Skip this step if using self adhesive)
5. I like to press the middle of the lash in the middle of the eyelid and press outward. That is a preference but regardless get the lashes as close to your lash line as possible. I like to close one eye and press them on then wait until that eye looks good before doing it the next one.
6. Reapply a thin coat of mascara after the lash glue has completely dried. I do this before and after so that your natural lashes merge with the falsies.
12 thoughts on “Let’s Talk Lashes”
I have always loved the look of falsies on other people, but I am way too intimidated to try applying them myself!
Thanks Briana! These are great tips for applying mascara!
Thanks! Love your blog!
I love two face mascara as well! AND I have never once tried to put on my own lashes. Always so afraid of it. LOL – Stephanie | http://www.theborrowedbabes.com
It’s my favorite mascara at the moment! And the more you try, the better you get!
Thanks for sharing all your lash secrets you have amazing ones! I like waterproof mascara because it keeps my lashes curled but I also love to try new fake lashes for events and going out so will definitely look into these! xoxo, Christine
Waterproof mascara can seriously be a lifesaver!
I have tried falsies before and it took me more than half an hour to apply and they weren’t looking good at all, so I gave up on them and now I am staked with lots and lots of mascara, my favorites are the Maybelline ones.
I love maybelline! I would recommend trying again in your free time! Practice makes perfect!
I have always been afraid to try lash extensions too!! I have awful eyelashes and they fall out on their own so I don’t need any help with that. Lol. You have amazing lashes and thank you for the tips on applying falsies! xo
Yeah no fall outs for me! But I hope the tips helped!