I recently visited Austin for the day and I ate at this super cute place called Crepe Crazy! I wanted to shoot my outfit and I loved the wall for a quick shoot. If you’re in Austin I would so recommend. Not only is the food great but the staff are all deaf and speak sign language! It was a great experience and I cannot wait to go back!
Back to growing your closet, I have a few tips that I have done unknowingly. I did not realize how many pieces I had until I came home over the break and brought all of my clothes home from San Marcos. I have a small closet in my room, and I use the room next to mine and the small walk in closet as well. Both are pretty full and I realized that while I cannot take it all back to school with me, I have acquired a lot of pieces over the years. Check out some of my tips below and share some of your own in the comments!
- Buy the basics. Always build the foundation first, before buying any expensive pieces, make sure you have your basic jeans, tanks, tees, and sweaters to build on
- Get one item per month. I followed this rule religiously for a long time! Buying one clothing item I really needed a month slowly adds up. For expensive items save up your money from a previous month to buy it then
- Don’t throw things away! You never know when an item will come back in style, unless you really do not fit, do not donate things unless you’re completely sure!
- Grow your accessories as well. A statement necklace or new shoes will create more outfit options and combinations, therefore growing your closet
- Balance the long lasting pieces and the statement pieces. While velvet is a trend right now, buy the trendy items, but a cashmere sweater will last you many more winters.